Imagine you’re going to a fancy party and you do your hair and make-up and look fantastic, and then you put on a dirty ripped t-shirt and an old pair of sweatpants and head out the door. This is like a beautiful home without landscaping. You’ve invested so much in your house, so why not invest in the land around it to complete the picture. At Abbott Design, we know that choosing the best landscape design company may seem like a daunting task, but we are here to help answer some of your questions.
Searching Through the Weeds to Find the Best Landscape Design Companies
When it comes to landscape design companies, there are several options to choose from in Toronto. If you decide that landscape design is what you need, there are a few questions you should ask when deciding which company you want to contract for your project.
- What is their Experience? At Abbott Design, we have over 20 years of experience so we know how important experience is when selecting a company. It’s important to consider not only how many years of experience a company may have, but also in what areas. Some landscape design companies boast modern ideas, but lack the experience to execute them. Be wary of companies that have grand visions without a satisfied client base to support their claims.
- What is their Vision? It’s important that you find a company whose vision parallels yours. The company should work with you to take ideas that you have and make them even better. Or, if you have no clue where to start, they should be able to provide you with a full plan.
- What Does their Portfolio Look Like? Reputable landscape design companies should be able to show you a diverse portfolio of projects that they have not only designed, but that have come to fruition. Make sure that you can imagine some of the ideas presented in the portfolio at your home.
- What is the Full Process? Landscape design companies should be able to give you a full plan from start to finish. This should include a reasonable time frame in addition to all of the flora details. If the company cannot provide a plan for you, start looking elsewhere.
- Who will you be Working With? Make sure the company can tell you which members of their staff will be overseeing and implementing the project so that you have a direct point of contact.
- How Much is the Total Cost of the Project? At the end of the day, cost is one of the most important considerations. Some landscape design companies will quote you a price and then throughout the project “problems” arise and they tack more things on to your bill. Be sure that the company you choose is very clear about all of the ins and outs of the pricing.
If you can get the answers to just a few questions, the task of selecting a landscape design company can become much simpler. At Abbott Design, our dedicated staff is available to answer all of these questions and more so that you can rest assured that you’re choosing the best company for the job.